Sales Manager- Regency by Sonesta
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Sales Manager?
As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Manager has influence and accountability for the revenue generation of the property. Reporting to the General Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of competencies to help the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- A sales manager will be responsible for sales and revenue generation for the property.
- This position will be responsible for SMERF, Association, and wedding Block Only groups
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will be actively involved in the STAR report.
- You will implement and train on all McKibbon procedures that relate to sales, including systems and processes.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will act as the face of the property by being actively involved in the local community.
- Check emails and voicemails.
- Review McKibbon Hospitality’s daily report.
- Participate in Daily Sales Stand-Up.
- Review daily Delphi calendar (account, group, and function traces).
- Review Delphi trace manager for past-due traces.
- Enter all sales activities into Delphi (traces, QIC, lost business).
- Review assigned hotel(s) in-house guest ledger/arrival list.
- Research and prospect leads assigned.
- Prospect to set appointments/joint appointments/tours.
- Work on and update target accounts.
- Greet all assigned in-house meetings.
- Set-up/maintain group block on group/function schedules
- Review budget and P/L with general manager.
- Provide knowledgeable input to operations team to assist in the creation of the
- Budget Workbook.
- Discuss interest in participating in a new hotel and/or acquisition sales blitzes with
- corporate sales team.
- Discuss interest in becoming a trainer for position focused training.
- Attend sales training as recommended by your general manager, Director of Sales
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ minimum experience as a hotel sales manager
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- A proven track record of meeting sales goals
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The ability to produce proactive sales strategies through direct sales calls, prospecting for new clients, and client visits
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The experience and ability to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Strong computer acumen
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 208683_20230315