Rooms Operations Manager - Courtyard Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Rooms Operations Manager?
This is a hands-on hospitality leadership role where the Rooms Operations Manager works closely with the Hotel General Manager to oversee and guide the total operations of the Housekeeping Department within the property. Reporting to the Hotel General Manager, the Rooms Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the department, and the hotel, to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
* You will be responsible for leading and supervising the overall performance of the property’s Housekeeping department including (but not limited to) guest satisfaction, cleanliness, condition, brand quality assurance, budget, and labor.
* You will execute the training of all associates as it relates to brand and company standards to maximize revenue and maintain superior service.
* You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and staying up-to-date on new initiatives for the brand and company.
* You will implement and train on all McKibbon procedures that relate to cost control and inventory management.
* You will maintain positive relationships with associates to drive associate satisfaction.
* You will monitor and ensure that safety and security standards are being maintained.
* You will support guest experience and satisfaction.
* You will lead the department efforts of cleanliness and condition by regularly inspecting public spaces and guest rooms for adherence to McKibbon and brand standards.
* You will maintain appropriate levels of inventory for operating products, guest amenities, and linen levels.
* You will work closely with the Engineering team to ensure all guest rooms are in a safe working order prior to guest occupancy.
* You will be responsible for ensuring all housekeeping orders are completed and adhere to budget guidelines
* You will be responsible for ensuring the department is fully staffed and adhering to company guidelines which includes: hiring, interviewing, recruiting talent, orienting, training, coaching, disciplining and/or terminating associates
* You will be responsible for reviewing time sheets daily and payroll sheets are accurate prior to submission (Time Management & Hotel Effectiveness)
* Previous housekeeping experience within a hotel
* 3 years’ minimum experience in a hotel manager/supervisor position (highly desired)
* Experience working with major brands like Marriott, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
* Knowledge of local and state compliance laws
* The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Full Time Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with incentives
- Associate referral program
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time Associates:
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 286279_20230315