General Manager - Hampton Inn by Hilton
What Makes a McKibbon General Manager?
As a key member of the property leadership team, the General Manager is accountable for the total operation of the property. Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Operations, the General Manager will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the hotel, ensuring that guest and associate satisfaction is of the utmost importance.
- You will be responsible for assisting with the overall performance of the property’s operations, including (but not limited to) P&L, guest satisfaction, brand quality assurance, budget, and labor.
- You will train fellow associates as it relates to brand and company standards to maximize revenue and reinforce superior service culture.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will inspect and oversee that safety and security standards are being maintained.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will work closely with corporate teams in Human Resources, Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, and Leadership to ensure that property and company goals are being achieved.
- You will act as the face of the property by being actively involved in the local community.
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ minimum experience as a hotel general manager
- Experience working at a hotel establishment
- Experience with major hotel brands like Marriott, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The skills to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service
- Knowledge of local and state compliance laws
- A proven track record of meeting budgets, understanding profit &loss statements, and cost controls
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop the leadership qualities of all staff
- Maintaining positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients
- Implement McKibbon procedures for cost control & inventory management
- Ensuring that hotel policies and brand standards are consistently followed
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 194378_20230309