Front Desk Agent - Four Points by Sheraton
What Makes a McKibbon Front Desk Agent?
The front desk agent is often the first person to interact with guests. As the friendly face of the property, the front desk agent has a relatable personality and a great desire to work with people. You are responsible for communicating in a welcoming and efficient manner, while ensuring that guests’ needs are properly addressed.
A Day in the Life:
- You will anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests in a timely manner.
- You will maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- You will resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- You will maintain a complete knowledge of: hotel features/services, hours of operations, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, and scheduled daily group activities.
- You will process all guest check-ins, and verify registration information with the guest.
- You will handle overbooked or 'walked' guests.
- You will accept and record wake-up call requests.
- You will communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- You will resolve discrepancies on the room status report with housekeeping.
- You will train with and learn Food and Beverage operations to fill in as needed.
- Previous experience working as a front desk agent or in a similar role
- A high school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
- Experience working at a hotel establishment (highly desired)
- Proficiency with computers
- Basic math skills
- The ability to provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- The ability to input and access information in the property management system and/or points-of-sale system
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to create a fun and supportive working environment
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Full Time Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with incentives
- Associate referral program
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time Associates:
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 192718_20230308