Engineering Support Manager - Southeast Remote
What Makes a McKibbon Engineering Support Manager - Southeast Remote Position
As a leading member of the hotel management team, the Support Chief Engineer is accountable for proper hotel operations during each deployment. The Support Engineer guides the workings of the hotel, including (but not limited to) plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool, and general facilities maintenance. You will report to a Regional Director of Engineering. However, once on site, you will take direction from the hotel’s GM. You are responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests.
A Day in the Life:
- Travel to the specified hotel via car or airplane based on distance.
- Deployments may last a few days, multiple weeks or even months. Deployments may be due to being without a hotel Chief, new hire needing training or to support transitions/openings
- You must be proactive and capable of working without constant supervision.
- You have responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- You will follow the guidelines set up by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of company assets, associates, guest's safety, and product presentation for promotion of enhanced guest satisfaction.
- You will have experience in the construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting and caulking etc.
- Besides trades skills, this candidate will need to possess certain people skills enabling them to interact with other associates and hotel guests.
- Available to travel up to 100% of the time and often with little notice of a new deployment
- Ability to quickly build rapport with hotel team and assess maintenance needs and prioritize tasks to be completed.
- Ability to monitor performance of service/contractor to insure that contracted service is performed satisfactorily
- Ability to communicate operational activities, priorities and problems with management, engineers, and supervisors
- Ability to evaluate and select job applicants based upon information obtained through personnel questionnaires, resumes and interviews
- Ability to observe employees’ work performance for comparison with performance standards
- Possess the knowledge or methods and techniques for conducting on-the-job training
- Ability to create a learning environment encouraging employees to further develop their job skills
- Ability to appropriately respond to a customer complaint, comment, or inquiry.
- Ability to negotiate with service company/contractor to obtain the best price for services.
- Ability to estimate the time (labor) required to complete maintenance work.
- Ability to determine optimally schedule maintenance jobs to avoid disrupting operation of the hotel.
- Ability to proactively discern operational and maintenance concerns to eliminate downtime.
- Knowledge of problem-solving techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction.
- Ability to perform basic heating and air-conditioner repair and replacement skills not pertaining to the sealed refrigerant system.
- Ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills.
- Ability to use standard hand tools, such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment.
- Ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of hotel’s equipment.
- Ability to perform Basic Maintenance Skills. Plumbing, A/C Filter Changes, Clean Coils, Electrical and Carpentry work.
- Ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance job.
- Able to test pool and spa chemicals. CPO Certification preferred.
- Skilled in laundry and kitchen equipment maintenance
- Skills in the use of fire equipment (ex. Fire hoses, and hand-held extinguishers).
- Able to conduct Fire Drills of Life Safety Programs.
- Skilled in fire alarm and sprinkler system testing and operation to maintain proper operational status.
- Knowledgeable on local, state, federal regulations for testing and operation in accordance with NFPA-72.
- 3 Years minimum experience in maintenance leadership - required
- Previous hotel maintenance experience - required
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 177572_20230228