Director of Sales - Courtyard by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Director of Sales?
As a key member of the property leadership team, the Hotel Director of Sales is accountable for the revenue generation of the hotel. Reporting to the General Manager, the Hotel Director of Sales is responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for the overall sales and revenue of the property.
- Weekly you will attend revenue management and sales strategy calls property and regional team
- You will train all associates as it relates to the sales process to maximize revenues.
- You will implement and train associates on all McKibbon procedures that relate to sales, including systems and processes.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up to date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will be actively involved in critiquing the STR report.
- You will actively support the operations team.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients.
- You will act as the face of the property by being involved in the community.
- You will maintain all sales documentation and sales procedures through training, coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline when necessary.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will be the lead team member for interviewing and hiring any new sales team members.
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ minimum experience as a hotel Sales Manager or Director of Sales
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Experience working with major brands like Marriot, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- A proven track record of adhering to budgets
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop a strong sales team
- Delphi Standard and Essentials or Delphi Advanced experience preferred
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 210444_20230309