Cook PM - Hyatt House
What Makes a McKibbon Cook?
The Cook is responsible for creating cuisine that provides an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. The primary objective is to create a personalized experience that will entice our guests to return and share their experiences. Your responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) kitchen set-up and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift, maintaining the condition of the service area and kitchen, as well as regularly interacting with guests. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made McKibbon Hospitality their career home.
A Day in the Life:
- Cook will welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- You will anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- You will prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Cook will prepare excellent quality food on budget.
- You will assist with ordering, receiving, and inventory as directed by the management staff.
- You will set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Cook will move, lift, carry, push, pull, and/or place objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- You will follow all company, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- You will check expiration dates on all food items to ensure freshness.
- You will report any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions.
- You will maintain confidentiality of proprietary information to protect company assets.
- You will perform any other reasonable job duties as requested by management.
- A valid food handlers card or the ability to obtain one
- The lawful ability to serve alcohol and or prepare/handle alcoholic beverages
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to prepare/cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards
- Ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures and kitchen functions
- The ability to communicate effectively
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Full Time Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time Associates:
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 194776_20230310