Chief Maintenance Engineer - TownePlace Suites by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Chief Maintenance Engineer?
As a leading member of the property management team, the Chief Maintenance Engineer is accountable for proper hotel operations. The Chief Maintenance Engineer guides the workings of the hotel, including (but not limited to) plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool and general facilities maintenance. You will report to the General Manager, and you are responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- You will communicate operational activities, priorities and problems with management engineers and supervisors.
- You will perform any necessary construction trades, like plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, pool maintenance, painting, caulking, etc.
- You will occasionally train others in the aforementioned trades.
- You will follow the guidelines established by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of company assets.
- You will follow the guidelines established by McKibbon Hospitality to ensure the safety of associates and guests.
- You will play a key role in communicating and interacting positively with associates and guests.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a lead maintenance position
- Experience working at a hotel establishment (highly desired)
- The ability to work independently
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate with a service company or contractors to obtain the best price for services
- The ability to estimate time (labor) required to complete maintenance work
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance methods and techniques for preserving equipment
- The ability to test pool and spa chemicals
- The ability to identify appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance job
- The ability to perform basic heating and air-conditioner repair and replacement
- The ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills
- Basic tool knowledge and the ability to use standard hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
- The ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment necessary for a specific maintenance job
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to communicate in an efficient and friendly manner
- Problem-solving skills
- The knowledge and expertise to determine the best action in response to a customer complaint, comment or inquiry
- The knowledge and expertise to determine the best time to schedule maintenance jobs in order to properly fix the issue and avoid disrupting the hotel’s operations
- Skills in the use of fire equipment (fire hoses and hand-held extinguishers)
- Skills in conducting fire drills and Life Safety Programs
- Monitoring the performance of a service/contractor to ensure that contracted service is performed satisfactorily
- Evaluating and selecting job applicants based on information obtained through personnel questionnaires, resumes, and interviews
- Observing employees’ work performance for comparison with performance standards
- Conducting on-the-job training
- Creating a positive and fruitful learning environment that encourages employees to further develop their job skills
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness: Full Time Associates
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time: 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Full Time: Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities