Chef & Beverage Director - Courtyard by Marriott and The Vault
What Makes a McKibbon Chef and Beverage Director for the Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville and the Vault at the National?
As a key member of the leadership team, the Chef and Beverage Director is accountable for the culinary operations within the hotel and The Vault. This position will guide the operation of the Food and Beverage/Banquet team and will be responsible for both the culinary and front of house as well as financial performance of the operation. The Chef and Beverage Director is committed to guest satisfaction, innovative food preparation and service and providing a memorable experience.
A Day in the Life:
- The Chef and Beverage Director will move throughout the facility and monitor the action of food prep and serving areas to ensure that associates are meeting food and beverage quality, brand, and service standards.
- You will oversee and direct events at The Vault banquet and event center.
- Including staffing, menu creation, logistics for set-up, execution and clean up.
- You will be the driving force behind the execution of both the catering menu and Bistro menu as it develops into a unique food and beverage concept.
- The Chef and Beverage Director will ensure the quality of set-up and execution of all types of events. From large social events to smaller business events at The Vault banquet and event center.
- You will control the elements that determine profit and loss of the Food and Beverage operations for both the Courtyard and The Vault.
- You will work with the hotels’ sales team to ensure that all banquet events and menus are created and executed as required by the client
- You will coordinate with the Corporate Food and Beverage team in the planning of new menu additions at the Bistro and new catering offerings at The Vault.
- You will work with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on administrative duties, including tracking expenses, maintaining profitability, and invoice input.
- You will work with the Corporate Food and Beverage team on product pricing, menus, and wine selection.
- You will work closely with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on administrative duties, including tracking expenses, invoice input, schedule management and payroll preparation to maintain profitability.
- As Chef and Beverage Director you will be responsible for recruiting, hiring and training associates for the Food and Beverage team.
- You will be responsible for creating and executing a training schedule for all food and beverage associates to achieve and maintain the necessary certifications for food safety, alcohol service and any other training required by state, Marriott or McKibbon.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the inventory of the Food and Beverage Department, to include budgeting, food costs, coding invoices, etc. Including meeting both revenue and labor goals.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in culinary management is preferred
- 3 years’ minimum experience as a Executive Chef or Food and Beverage Director preferred.
- Experience in a managerial position
- Experience working at a hotel or restaurant establishment (highly desired)
- The ability to implement the established menu and service standards.
- The ability and drive to personify our culture in every interaction with guests and associates.
- The ability to perform initial and ongoing training of associates.
- The ability to deliver on the quality of service that guests deserve and expect.
- The ability to communicate in a friendly manner with guests.
- The ability to create a fun and supportive working environment.
- Keeping up to date with local events and tailoring Food and Beverage operations to enhance guests’ experience in the local community.
- A conscientious spirit and the drive to excel in every aspect of your duties.
- Unique perspective on our food offerings and menus
- The creativity to enhance sales in the lounge and food outlets.
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Wellbeats App to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K savings plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts