Catering and Events Manager - Four Points by Sheraton
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Catering and Events Manager?
The Catering and Events Manager, sells, plans, directs and coordinates Catering events. Assists in the contract negotiations, selection of menu items, tours, and coordinates with the hotel teams for planned events. Responsible for day of duties associated with the contracted event. Communicates customer needs to the appropriate departments and facilitates weekly BEO meetings. Develops and maintains accounts by ensuring customer satisfaction before, during, and after the event. The Catering and Events Manager reports to the Director of Sales.
A Day in the Life:
- Catering and Events Manger will be responsible for booking Group and Catering Events
- You will be responsible for all planning and coordination of booked events
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up to date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company. You will implement and train on all McKibbon procedures that relate to sales, including systems and processes.
- You will maintain positive relationships and communication with all hotel departments
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations
- You will act as the face of the hotel by being actively involved in the local community.
- You will actively be involved in the execution of the contracted events
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 years’ minimum experience as an Event Manager
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Strong computer acumen including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Delphi Advance (FDC)
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 193606_20230309