Bistro Cook - Courtyard by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Bistro Cook?
The Bistro Cook is responsible for providing friendly, attentive, and responsive service. You are responsible for creating cuisine that provides an exceptional dining experience for all guests. The primary objective is to create a personalized experience that will entice our guests to return and share their experiences. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) kitchen set-up and station preparation prior to service and at the end of the shift, maintaining the condition of the service area and kitchen, as well as regularly interacting with guests.
A Day in the Life:
- You will welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- You will anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- You will prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- You will prepare excellent quality food on budget for the Bistro and for catered events.
- You will assist with ordering, receiving, and inventory as directed by the management staff.
- You will set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- You will move, lift, carry, push, pull, and/or place objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- You will follow all company, safety, and security policies and procedures.
- You will check expiration dates on all food items to ensure freshness.
- You will report any accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions.
- You will maintain confidentiality of proprietary information to protect company assets.
- You will perform any other reasonable job duties as requested.
- A valid Food Handler’s Card, or the ability to obtain one
- The lawful ability to serve alcohol (18 years old) and/or prepare alcoholic beverages (21 years old)
- The ability to work a varied shift that includes weekends, holidays, and special events
- The ability to prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards
- The ability to operate a variety of kitchen equipment
- The ability to meet any additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests according to request
- A clear understanding of the English language: you can read, write, and verbally communicate in English
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
- Knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes
- Knowledge of alcohol laws
- Knowledge of dining room service procedures and kitchen functions
- Experience working at a hotel establishment (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to communicate in an efficient and friendly manner
- The ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Remaining calm under pressure while working with speed and accuracy
- Completing and excelling at any necessary certifications and safety training
- Developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with others
- Supporting team members to reach common goals
- Ensuring adherence to quality expectations and standards
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Full Time Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time Associates:
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 194719_20230310