Bistro Attendant - Courtyard by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Bistro Attendant?
The Bistro Attendant takes orders, prepares, and serves food and beverage items to our customers in a timely, friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner. The Bistro Attendant will also prepare Starbucks coffee beverages, and a menu of breakfast or light evening fare - including preparation, and cooking of menu items.
A Day in the Life of a Bistro Attendant:
* As a Bistro Attendant you will ensure each guest is greeted and made to feel important
* As a Bistro Attendant will be knowledgeable about the menu, offering suggestions and being able to answer questions
* As a Bistro Attendant will service guests’ orders as requested and as aligned with company and brand standards.
* As a Bistro Attendant will maintain adequate supplies of clean dishware.
* As a Bistro Attendant will carry food, dishes, trays, and/or silverware from the pantry to serving counters.
* As a Bistro Attendant will collect dirty dishes and tableware, and run them through the dishwasher.
* As a Bistro Attendant will clean counters, shelves, furniture, and/or equipment in the pantry or breakfast area.
* As a Bistro Attendant will clean any spilled items, broken items, and remove trash, when necessary.
* As a Bistro Attendant will mop or vacuum floors.
* As a Bistro Attendant will fill beverage and ice dispensers, and stock and/or refill the appropriate areas with condiments.
* One to two years’ experience as a server, barista, cook, or attendant in a similar setting
* The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
* Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
* Computational skills to process guest payments
* Course work or certification/education in restaurant or business field are highly desired
* Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
* The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
* The ability to help create an energized bar atmosphere through friendly and personalized service
* The ability to anticipate customer needs, and change course of action accordingly
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
* The drive to approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
* Embracing the culture, and personifying it in daily interactions with guests and team members
* Contributing to a fun, energized and comfortable working environment as an active member of the team
* Overseeing the look and feel of your area and ensuring that the cleanliness of the bar and its surroundings are at their peak at all times
* Being a motivated self-starter
* Being conscientious and driven to consistently serve the guests with the utmost professionalism and courtesy
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Full Time Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time Associates:
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 250141_20230519