Bartender - Courtyard by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Bartender?
The bartender not only mixes and mingles with customers but is savvy about drink preparation. The bartender provides customized beverage service to each of the hotel’s restaurant/bar customer in a friendly, energetic and timely manner. Responsible for assuring the guest is having a great time and/or relaxing while at the bar. Associates are passionate about guest service and have the ability to communicate effectively and multitask.
A Day in the Life:
- Bartender will approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
- You will embrace the culture personifying it in daily interactions with guests and associates alike
- Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum
- Bartender will help create an energized bar experience through friendly and personalized service
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
- Bartender will take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel assuring cleanliness and conditions of the bar and surroundings are at their peak at all times
- You will drive product quality and guest satisfaction consistently operating as if they 'own it'
- Bartender will anticipate customer needs with the ability to change goals and direction quickly
- You will have knowledge of drink preparation and presentation
- Bartender must be able to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30-lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- One to two years’ experience as a bartender
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
- The legal ability to serve alcohol in the State/Province
- Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
- Knowledge of drink preparation
- Computational skills to process guest payments
- Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
- The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Being a motivated self-starter
- Being conscientious and driven to consistently serve the guests with the utmost professionalism and courtesy
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 197264_20230313