Bar Back - AC by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Bar Back?
The Bar Back assists the Bartender in providing customized beverage service to each customer in a friendly, energetic and timely manner. Responsible for helping to clean and maintain the bar area. Associates are passionate about guest service and have the ability to communicate effectively and multitask. The ideal Associate takes ownership of a situation and follows up on every request. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made McKibbon Hospitality their career home.
A Day in the Life:
- You will approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
- You will embrace the culture personifying it in daily interactions with guests and associates alike
- You will help create an energized bar experience through friendly and personalized service
- You will assist with the organization and cleanliness of the bar/restaurant operation
- You will clean dishes, glassware and silver as needed
- You will sweep, mop and wipe restaurant and bar area as needed
- You will stock product as needed
- You will take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel assuring cleanliness and conditions of the bar and surroundings are at their peak at all times
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, evenings, and weekends
- You will regularly lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 50-lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- One to two years’ experience as a bar back preferred
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
- The legal ability to serve alcohol in the State/Province
- Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
- Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
- The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- The ability to help create an energized bar atmosphere through friendly and personalized service
- Being a motivated self-starter
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 208243_20230315