Assistant General Manager - TownePlace Suites by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Assistant General Manager?
As a key member of the property leadership team, the Assistant General Manager works closely with the General Manager to oversee and guide the total operations of the property. Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for assisting with the overall performance of the property’s operations, including (but not limited to) guest satisfaction, brand quality assurance, budget, and labor.
- You will train fellow associates as it relates to brand and company standards to maximize revenue and reinforce superior service culture.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will inspect and oversee that safety and security standards are being upheld.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- You will work closely with corporate teams in Human Resources, Accounting, Revenue Management, and Sales to ensure that property and company goals are being achieved.
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a hotel supervisor/managerial position
- Experience with major hotel brands like Marriott, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service
- Knowledge of local and state compliance laws
- The ability to implement McKibbon procedures as they relate to cost control and inventory management
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are consistently followed
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Sufficient communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop the leadership qualities of all staff
- The ability to maintain positive relationships with the management company, property owners, and clients
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation with bonus structure
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
- 24/7 chaplain services
- Exclusive hotel rate discounts
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 193773_20230309