Assistant Chief Maintenance Engineer - Courtyard by Marriott
What Makes a McKibbon Assistant Chief Engineer?
As a member of the property maintenance team, the Assistant Chief Engineer is accountable for the proper workings of the hotel. From overseeing plumbing and electrics, to HVAC and pool maintenance, you assist and supervise general facilities upkeep. The Assistant Chief Engineer reports to the General Manager and Chief Engineer and is responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests. You have experience in construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting, caulking, and any similar skills. Your job is to help keep your team and guests happy.
A Day in the Life:
- You will work independently and monitor the operations and functions of the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- You will follow the guidelines established by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of the company’s assets, associates, and guests.
- You will promote enhanced guest satisfaction.
- You will perform various engineering skills and construction trades.
- You may train others in engineering skills and construction trades.
- You will interact with employees and guests, and you will display sufficient communication skills when communicating in any form.
- You will help promote a collaborative, proactive, and interactive environment with other associates of the hotel.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in a maintenance-type position
- The ability to communicate operational activities, priorities, and problems with management engineers and supervisors
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction
- The ability to repair and replace basic heating and air conditioner systems
- The ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills
- The ability to use standard hand tools (wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements, etc.)
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment
- The ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of the hotel’s equipment
- Knowledge of how to test pool and spa chemicals
- Knowledge of how to handle fire equipment (hand-held extinguishers, fire hoses, etc.)
- Experienced expertise in the construction trades (highly desired)
- Previous hotel experience (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment, or inquiry
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to use various tangible and verbal techniques to solve problems with equipment or dispel disagreements between associates
- The knowledge and ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance task
Perks & Benefits Beyond the Basics:
We know that hospitality starts from within, and that’s why we value the employee experience as much as we value our guests’ experience. From our competitive benefits package to our fun-loving spirit, we strive to create an environment that’s equal parts work and play. Our people will always be our first investment. Our benefits package covers:
Physical & Mental Wellness: Full Time Associates
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellbeats APP to support physical and mental wellness
Financial & Occupational Wellness:
- Competitive Compensation
- Brand and company training classes, workshops and conferences for career growth and development
- Full Time: 401K Savings Plan with matching funds
- Full Time: Tuition reimbursement
- Fundraising matching funds program
- Volunteer opportunities
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Reference #: 195191_20230310